An increasing number of beauty recipes are calling upon mayonnaise as an anchor, given its potent mix of vegetable oils, eggs, salt and apple cider vinegar – each of which is a potent skincare ingredient. However, store-bought mayonnaise is often saturated with chemicals and preservatives that may irritate the skin. So, in answer to several of your questions regarding the perfect “beauty mayonnaise” recipe, here’s the one I use on a regular basis. Added bonus: it works as a fab sandwich spread in a pinch.apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon salt
Beauty mayonnaise: How-to
1. Pour the egg, salt and 1/4 cup of oil in a blender. With the blender running, very slowly add another 1/4 cup of oil (almost drop by drop at first) into the mixture.
2. Keep the blender on and very slowly pour half of the apple cider vinegar into the mixture.
3. Keep the blender on and very slowly add another 1/4 cup of oil and the rest of the apple cider vinegar.
4. Continue blending, while adding the remaining oil in a slow, steady stream.
5. Blend till you have a thick and creamy mayonnaise. Store this in the refrigerator, preferably in a covered glass container.