Like that statement bag and killer heels, your perfume says a lot about you. However, with the sheer number of options available, choosing a new fragrance might seem like a task that requires an army of professionals. Simply tackle your scent wardrobe with these easy tips.
WHAT’S YOUR STYLE?
- If you are the sexy and glamorous type who likes to make an immediate impact, opt for a lush, oriental scent with a heavy touch of vanilla (a known aphrodisiac) and patchouli. Judith Leiber Topaz and Gucci Guilty have the right balance of poise and sensuality.
- If you favor the ladylike and polished, look for a classic floral with one bold ingredient, like tuberose. Some good options? Guerlain Mayotte or Christian Dior Miss Dior.
- Prefer a more flirty, girly look? Ask for a sheer or transparent floral like Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia Satin. Or kick it up a notch with something friskier and sweeter, like the sugary Prada Candy.
- Lovers of classic elegance (think Ralph Lauren and Hermès) need a sumptuous, well rounded scent with a bold floral note like violet and iris. Or opt for a fragrance underlined with warm woods and soft leathers. Top picks: Tom Ford Violet Blonde and Hermès Santal Massoia.
- Modern and streamlined? You need a discreet scent with a less-is-more quality. Look for something sharp and citrusy, preferably laced with vetiver and bergamot. Best options? Acqua Di Parma Gelsomino Nobile or Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
- And then there are the bold trendsetters and risk takers, who live for the latest collections hot off the catwalk. If you fall in this genre, experiment with exotic, intriguing ingredients (such as amber) that are formulated in an intense, attention-getting form. Best options: Balenciaga Paris L’Essence and Tom Ford Amber Absolute. These are definitely not for wallflowers!
So, what are you wearing this weekend?