Summer might have “officially” come to an end but I am sure we can squeeze out a few more days of sunshine before having to forsake those pretty toe-baring sandals and stuff our feet into socks-and-boots hibernation. So, let’s make the best of these last few toe cleavage days with nail polishes that totally flatter your feet (because as much as we love Chanel’s bluish-purple Vendetta, it just makes your toes look like they have met a mammoth bruiser!). Here are the shades to nail!
1. Pink Pompadour, Dior: The satin texture gives the muted colour a kick, making it the perfect alternative to summer pastels that tend to look washed out on the feet.
2. Seven Dials, Nails Inc: A gorgeous pearly green that’s a fun alternative to nude.
3. Gold Rush Champagne, Models Own: Nail polishes with a metallic finish are flattering even on un-pedicured feet. And this glittery gold shade will take you from the office to the dance floor in an instant. Just make sure to wear a similar texture on fingers and toes: don’t mix an opaque manicure with an iridescent pedicure.
4. Morange to Shop, MAC: A hot orange is universally faltering – especially on sultry, candle-lit nights when bare feet are on full show.
5. Kensington Park Road, Nails Inc: This show-stopping neon blue polish will look great on pale and tanned skins alike.
6. Coral No. 4, YSL La Laque Couture: A punchy red is a classic pedicure shade – bring the look bang up to date with YSL’s bright coral.
8. I Lily Love You, OPI: Even if you prefer to play safe with your fingers, trendy look-at-me tints and finishes beg to be shown off in a pair of strappy stilettos.
9. Lapis of Luxury, Essie: This dreamy soft blue lilac is perfectly on-trend for the summer-going-onto-autumn vibe.
10. That’s Hot! Pink, OPI: This bright-yet-sophisticated pink looks fab on tanned toes.