Come Monday morning and some of us would rather do anything than spend the next 8-10 hours locked in an office dealing with other people’s problems, politics, idiosyncrasies and insanity… right?
So, I have spent the weekend working on makeup tricks that make you look sick enough to be excused from a few hours of drudgery (also works when you don’t want to attend another family wedding, need to get out of meeting those super-irritating “friends” and would rather not cook dinner!)
1. Take a foundation 2-3 shades lighter than you normally use and blend it all over your face (including eyelids, neck and ears) to look super-pale. Apply just a little over your lips as well to make them appear drab; skip the lipstick.
2. To simulate dark circles, take a shimmer-free reddish-purplish, purple or bluish eye shadow (cream shadows work best) and lightly smudge under the eyes. It should start near the inside corner of your eye and extend outwards at a bit of a slant.
3. To take it a step further, put in a few eye drops to give your eyes that runny/teary look of a sick person.
4. Dab a little reddish cream blush around the tip of the nose. Use a light hand – you want it to look sore but not clown-red.
5. To fake a bruise, take a slightly wet applicator brush and run it through some dark blue or purple eye shadow (again, cream works best and skip anything with shimmer). Apply this “bruise” over the desired area, making sure that it’s an irregular, organic shape and is darker towards the middle (bruises never come in perfect geometries!). Then smudge some red cream blush around the edges for a raw, reddish look.
What about you? Have you ever faked sickness to get out of something? How did you pull it off? Spill the beans!