After 9 years of the Oscars, 7 Cannes red carpets, 14 Paris fashion weeks, 16 London fashion weeks, 11 Milan fashion weeks, 12 New York fashion weeks, 64 film shoots, and an inestimable number of magazine beauty, fashion and covers, I have learnt that makeup artists and celebs turn to the strangest of things to keep looking flawless hour after hour, day after day.
These are the weirdest beauty fixes I have seen in action, which actually give proven results.
1. An ultra-deep nail polish has left that dreaded stain on your nails, which refuses to go away despite repeated swipes of the polish remover? Dip a lemon wedge in baking soda to scrub your nails squeaky clean.
2. There’s nothing more glam than red lips but maintaining them all through the night is tough. Make it easier by rubbing a bit of cherry Jell-O powder directly onto moistened lips before applying your lipstick. For maximum precision, apply with a Q-tip or clean lip bush – you really don’t want a red ring around the mouth! Even when the lipstick begins to fade, your bold lips will appear to be intact for hours due to the Jell-O primed pout.
3. Have unmanageably curly hair? Skip the towel and use a simple cotton t-shirt to dry your strands. A bath towel increases frizziness by roughing up the hair cuticles, while a smooth cotton-knit fabric soaks in excess water without disturbing the natural ringlets.
4. Any facial moisturizer can do double duty as a makeup remover in a pinch. Simply pour onto a ball of cotton and wipe across the face to remove makeup, then rinse off with warm water. Or, apply on a Q-tip to clean up smudged liner and flaky mascara.
5. Cold sores? Ultra-dry lips? Dab on a little bit of honey – it’s excellent for repairing dry and cracked skin, while simultaneously warding off bacteria.
6. Run out of nail polish remover? Spritz some perfume on a cotton ball and use it to wipe away the nail polish. Perfumes contain ethyl acetate – which is also a key ingredient in most nail polish removers. Don’t make a habit of this, though: Not only is perfume more drying than most good nail polish removers but the latter also cost a lot less!
UFO Cotton Candy says
It’s especially crucial to increase your water intake while you’re growing your fiber consumption because if you only upload fiber and don’t add more water to your diet, you could genuinely make constipation worse. You want hydrating beverages to transport that fiber along!